Thursday, March 24, 2016

Throw back Thursday




Captured this glimps of bumfuzzel


Some rigs look old but are actually new with that 50s vib.






Throw back Thursday. Nothing says retro like a vintage land yacht. Brings me back to my childhood when our family of six people and at least three dogs hit the road for northern MN.

Some have fond memories of these adventures but I recall being cramped in the little tin can during days of rain, cold nights, hot days and a make shift bathroom that resembled a coffee can, butternut as I recall. When we finally got out into the wilderness, a battle with the largest mosquitos in North America was on from the skis above while the wood ticks climbed your legs to drilled their nasty littles heads into your flesh. OK, believe it or not, I am an outdoors person and I love our travels into the remote areas of this nation but some of my memories of our little camper, not so great! Still, these old beauties are close to the heart and harken to a simpler life which many of us long for. And then the old Dodge rolls out of the campground spewing black smoke from her rear. Ahhhhh yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment