Sunday, December 21, 2014

The days are getting longer, starting tomorrow!

Winter solstice, first day of winter, December 21, 2014

On this shortest day of the year, I decided to enjoy it from sun up to sun down. Hard to believe but this is the first sunrise this trip, I guess we have been sleeping in this last month. As I was taking these photos this morning, I remembered a quote a great photographer I had the pleasure of hearing at a conference "after you take your photo turn around and look behind you, that is often the better shot".

After playing photo journalist, we were sitting outside, enjoying the morning with a cappuccino, when we finally looked up to see these strange cloud formations. Not sure what was going on but it had this "Close Encounters" feeling about it. Very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment