Thursday, November 6, 2014

Are we there yet?

You might wonder why we have a cat as a traveling companion rather than a dog. It is not because we like cats better, in fact I would have both a dog and a cat if I had my way, it's that we like to take long hikes and kayak adventures and with a cat, there are no issues leaving him all day or even over night with a full bowl of food and plenty of water. Plus, I am not as worried about it getting a little hot in the rig, we do have fans that will kick in if the temps climb but if you know about cats, you know that they love it warm. And best of all, when you find a cat that has no issues with traveling, like Blue, they just sleep most of the time you are going down the road and in his case, the moment we stop the engine, he sticks his head out from under my chair to see if he can come out and maybe go for a walk. On a leash all the time, I do not want to have him go on the lamb on his own. When we are in the campgrounds I always feel sorry for the dogs stuck in a rig while there owners are away, barking at everyone and everything that passes. So for this time in our lives, a cat is our choice for a traveling buddy and Blue has been a wonderful pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment