Monday, February 18, 2013

Camping at Lion Country Safari

Well I wasn't sure about this one because the campground is a KOA, not our favorite but when we were parking the rig in our site early afternoon, we could hear the lions roaring just behind the fence and trees. And they kept that up all night. I know it makes sleeping rather iffy but who cares, it was so cool to listen to the roars of the big cats. I had the feeling of sleeping on the Kalahari all night. Blue had no interest, I guess if you are a cat, what's the big deal about another cat? And, they are cats for sure, the only difference is ours can't roar. But as you see in the photo, these big cats lay around all day (just like Blue) sleeping for up to 20 hours per day. Playing, eating and in general, making noise all night, just like Blue! When we entered the park, the person at the gate told me that they had complaints from past campers asking if they could turn down the animal noises at night. Hard to turn down a lion I guess.

Because the park is so big, one of the only drive through wild life parks in the USA, and I have so many photos, I will break this up into regions and try my best to list the animals in each region as they do in the park. This was great, and we will drive through tonight and probably again tomorrow. Soooo much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment