Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Last Blast


Gary and I are home wrapping up our westward travels this Monday after spending a few days with his family. As we were departing the resort, some of the group were off on a bike ride while others were going fishing, swimming and any number of activities. A good time was had by all.

Just a few things to remember, items that are impossible to capture in stills which I will try to articulate as best I can. The little things that will last in my memory are some of the sensory experiences like the sound of the wind as it finds your hiding spot deep in the lodge pole pine forest. It was a new sound for me. The smell as we walked through the forest, crushing needles under foot, releasing the pine scent so often attempted by candles but never quite as subtle. And the sound of geysers exploding or paint pots burping, these are some of the little things I take away from this trip that will hopefully last a lifetime.

It is nice to be home, but a little sad to put the RV away until the next trip. Door County? The UP? We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment