Friday, July 10, 2009

Lake Belle Taine







July 10




Today finds us in our home state of Minnesota at lake Belle Taine between Park Rapids and Nevis. We arrived a day ahead of Gary’s sister Linda and brother Don and look forward to a day or two with them and their children that might also show up. Don invited us to stop by a few weeks back and as we were in the area we thought, why not, we are retired! The resort has one space just for vagabonds such as us and the rest of the family will be in cabins.
Belle Shores is a beautiful little resort that Linda's clan have been going to for years. Even after a few short hours, I can see why. The hosts are very polite and helpful. The resort is clean and well attended with all of the amenities you want to entertain a family with children. And yet, it’s small and unpretentious. I’ve already spotted the Purple Martins near the beach, a family of Loons just off shore, hummingbirds stormed me as I sat on the porch checking my e-mail and as we took a short walked, a deer ran alongside the road. Tomorrow I will snap some shots of everyone and post the images for all to enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment