Saturday, October 27, 2018

I 35


The landscape is changing especially over the short time I've been on this earth. While traveling for work at Kodak, I would stop at a rest area along 35 Silos & Smokestacks National Heritage Area and read stories that talked about those past structures that dotted the prairie skyline, today those are replaced with cell towers and windmills, and I don't mean the small round windmills that were found on the local farms to pump water, I mean the large windmill farms that reach to the heavens with 3 massive white blades and stretch as far as the eye can see. And those cute round multiple blade windmills I mentioned are being replaced with solar systems that monitor the watering tanks and pump from wells when needed. And the crop in Iowa today is corn, which I hear makes its own clouds and is effecting the weather. I know on past travels when we hit the south west area of AZ, the crops growing were what ever the Chinese were paying top dollar for (well maybe not now with the tariffs) and the last trip that way the crop was alfalfa which is far from the water conscious crop that should be planted in the driest area of our country.  

No comments:

Post a Comment