Sunday, March 24, 2013

Last day in Florida

These are the days I paint in my memory with the hopes they last forever. Yesterday was cool and we slept to the sound of rain on our roof all night. This morning we woke to sunshine, the smell of a wet pine forest and temps reaching the 80's. I made dinner outside to keep the rig cool, chow mien with jasmine rice and almonds. The evening cools down fast as the sun rests for the day. There is a soft breeze that kisses the tops of the long leaf pine in front of our site, the tall slim giants sway almost 10 feet with the breeze, I can't imagine the movement in a storm and wonder how they do not snap midpoint like an asparagus. The needles fall on the smaller trees and shrubs below, hanging from the branches like tinsel in a Christmas tree. The forest floor is a soft bed of these long needles for Blue and I to walk on. We will return to this park.

No comments:

Post a Comment