Saturday, January 8, 2011

Dancing with Neptune








Todays adventure took us across the causeway to Sanibel and Captiva Islands. It was a beautiful day for walking on the beach and looking for shells. With my tennis shoes on I walked the water line in search of that perfect sea shell, taking care not to let the waves cover my shoes, what I call dancing with Neptune, back and forth, on toes now and heels occasionally and when caught by surprised a quick step sideways. After an hour or two of shelling, one finds it difficult standing up straight (that is if you are over 50) also known as the Sanibel stoop.

I remembered larger quantities of shells, but it's possible that it's Marco island I remember. Either way, we had a wonderful day on some great beaches. At the far south end of Sanibel sits the lighthouse. Next to the lighthouse sits an Osprey nest with two attending birds. We were lucking to see both birds return with fish. Apparently there are no eggs in the nest yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment