Friday, March 26, 2010

Palo Duro Canyon State Park











I would never have believed that there was such a beautiful park in the panhandle of Texas, but there is. Palo Duro Canyon appears out of no where on the flat plains, dropping 800 feet and 120 miles long, it is the second largest canyon in the US (the Grand Canyon being the largest). Thanks to Cassie and Jack for the tip or we would never have found this park. We entered the park from the top of the ridge and were meet with a small herd of deer. As we approached the campground a flock of turkey crossed the road. Later this group came through our site looking for a hand out. Last night we sat by our campfire and listened to Bobcats howling near the cliffs behind our rig. What a fantastic place!

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful pics! I must say when we were young we never looked at wildlife like we do now! OK maybe I need to speak for myself! (LOL)
    On my way to work this morning I saw two bald eagles just sitting by the side of the road. From a distance I thought they were wild turkeys until up close. Not very often do you see one eagle just hanging out, but two as I stopped the car to look and they just glared back. Quite the site to see.
    What is on your agenda for Easter Dinner? Are youg getting anxious to be back in MN yet?
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Peg, we are moving home and should be back the end of this week.

    ReplyDelete